The queue of achievements of DIU is a significant one. The university endeavors for excellence since its commencement in 2002. During its eventful journey till date, DIU has achieved the following remarkable series of success so far:
01. Daffodil Internationa University, Ashulia, Savar:
Academic activities and student enrollment have already been started at the DIU Ashulia, Savar project. The construction will be implemented in four phases and it will have separate academic and administrative infrastructures, a residential hall for both students and faculty members, a library, Cafeteria, TSC, auditorium, playground, swimming pool, prayer hall, transport pool, gymnasium, departmental faculty, research center, and an ICT center. The DIU Ashulia, Savar will be consisting of modern facilities for lectures, meetings, group activities, student organizations social and religious festivals. It will be fully equipped with medical facilities, computers, Science and technological laboratories, performance spaces, and many more. DIU envisages turning the campus into Fiber Optic Network and Wifi enabled zone. For ensuring all sorts of facilities there will be an on-campus shopping facility.
The site for the DIU Ashulia, Savar of DIU is situated on about 100+ acres of land at Ashulia in the serene, calm and quiet, green and open atmosphere and is free from the hustle and bustle of the city. It will be the largest campus in private universities. The classrooms are fully equipped with state of the art technology.
02. Quality Education: DIU is specially committed to quality education. Quality is ensured through regular classes, strict examinations and other academic and administrative measures. http://daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/about/at-a-glance/history.html
03. Qualified Academicians: Our faculty members are highly qualified with brilliant academic backgrounds. Many have vast experiences in teaching and research.
04. Academic Diversity: The essence of the university is academic diversity. It offers a variety of programs under the Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, the Faculty of Humanities & Social Science and the Faculty of Medical & Health Science. There are seventeen departments in the university now and the university is ardent to increase the number of subjects to meet the market demand of current competitive world.http://faculty.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
05. Awards & Recognition from Various National & International Levels:
Daffodil International University (DIU) has achieved lot of Awards from both National & International levels. Among the International Awards, achievement of ASOCIO 2018 ICT Education Award, Merit Award in WITSA 2017 Global ICT Excellence Awards by the largest international ICT organization, Merit Award in WITSA 2014 Global ICT Excellence Awards, World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA), World Quality Commitment (WQC) Award-2010, World Congress of IT (WCIT) 2017 Merit Award, Global Inclusion Award 2017, Asia's most inspiring Nation Builder Award, Golden Star Academic & Educational Excellence Award, Amity Global Academic Excellence Award, Asia’s Best Business School Award basing on its extraordinary performance and remarkable contribution in higher education sector are some significant examples.
06. Efficient Administration: Efficient administration of DIU is capable of solving problems quickly and effectively. The Vice Chancellor, Dean, Advisor, Registrar, Exam Controller and Departmental Heads take care of administrative and academic affairs.
07. ICT Facilities: DIU is the first complete digital university in Bangladesh for technology-based education and operation with such facilities as computer labs, education ERP and WIFI on campus. http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,1148.0.html
08. IT Expertise Recognition: DIU accorded Championship in IBBL IUT 3rd National ICT Fest-2011 in Hardware and Software Project Showcasing where a total of 18 projects of different public & private universities took part. http://news.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87:robotick-project&catid=34
This university became champion in IUBAT-Inter University Programming Contest 2010 The DIU team became CHAMPION, as well as got “Award of excellence” for solving all problems. 8 private universities named AIUB, BRAC, DIU, NSU, UIU, USTC, SUB and IUBAT attended the contest.
09. Wifi covered University: DIU is a university with Wifi coverage. Faculty members as well as students enjoy Wifi connectivity inside the campuses to be connected with internet at a wink.
10. Virtual University: DIU is fully automated and all its activities are done or recorded in the Virtual University. Every student and guardian can see any information relating to payment, admission, results, course offering and others. Students registration is completely online. http://vus.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd:200/login
11. Lab facilities: The laboratories of DIU are considered as the country's best. There are digital labs in all departments. Departments under the Faculty of Science and Information Technology have their own specialized laboratories for practical.
12. Ranking and Recognition: DIU is a top ranking university in Bangladesh. It has achieved many national and international recognition and rankings based on its standard and quality education.
13. Admission and Examination: Admission is taken in a transparent way and the rules of University Grants Commission. Examinations are also conducted in a strict fashion.
14. Library: DIU library is rich with printed books, e-books and journals. DIU takes pride for making a serene place for acquiring knowledge for students, who build their academic carrier and develop themselves for spreading the light of knowledge. It offers good facilities of reading.
15. English Language Laboratory: DIU has an English Language Laboratory to help students learn English, particularly listening and speaking skills, properly. It is equipped with all necessary gadgets.
16. International Collaboration: DIU has versatile networking worldwide that assist cross cultural education and students exchanges.
17. Scholarship facilities: There are huge waiver benefits for financially needy students and scholarship facilities for meritorious students.
18. Email Facility: Every student, faculty member and employee has an individual email ID in university domain for better correspondence.
19. Location: DIU has a good campus location at the heart of city centre, well accessible from all directions.
20. Competitive tuition fees: Though quality of education is high, the tuition fees of DIU are comparatively less among the private universities in Bangladesh.
21. Mode of payment: Its mode of payment is convenient. Students can pay their fees in several installments. Installments may be paid through CDM.
22. One student One Laptop
DIU is proud of its students and all the time think good of them. For empowering the students ICT knowledge, management has taken the initiative to provide Laptop to every student. With a view to making every student of DIU dynamic, the university has already initiated “One Student One Laptop” project, to which students also responded positively.
23. Academic Programs: DIU has continuously been introducing subjects which have market value. An expert team is analyzing different effective subjects for new students on a regular basis.
24. Media coverage: DIU activities and events are regularly being covered in print and electronic media. DIU PRO section regularly provides updates of all events and programs in e and print media. http://newsletter-archive.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/
DIU has an enriched Media Lab, which is capable to carry out all programs related to electronic media Media Lab
25. Co-curricular activities: It has a lot of co-curricular activities for the students performed under different clubs. Lab & Amenities
Orientations, Reception, Farewells are regular programs organized by all departments separately.http://news.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94:orientation-program-of-dept-of-pharmacy-held&catid=34
DIU Debating Club (DIUDC) became Champion at the Grand final of the National Debate Championship 2011 organized by the Jahangirnagar University Debate Organization.http://news.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:national-debate-championship-2011-&catid=34
26. Comfortable Classroom & Labs: Classrooms are neat and clean, air-conditioned, with comfortable seating arrangement. All the rooms carry multimedia projectors and proper ventilations & lights. Labs are well facilitated. https://daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/article/lab-and-amenities
27. DIU Forum: Faculty members and students can take part in different forums expressing their thoughts and opinions on any subject. Forum is an effective board to solving problem, getting answer & sharing productive & beneficial ideas.
28. Discipline: DIU is a completely disciplined educational environment. It is free from Politics, Smoking, Drug, Copying, Eve Teasing and other subversive acts and ethics. http://news.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54&limitstart=36
29. Convocation and Foundation: DIU holds its convocation regularly to award certificates among its graduates. It also celebrates foundation day every year.
http://convocation.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/ & http://fd.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/
30. Strong Alumni: DIU provides lifetime alumni support for its graduates. Our alumni have been positioned at different leading levels in home & abroad.
31. Auditorium: An auditorium with the facility of modern audio-visual equipments has been constructed in campus of DIU having sitting arrangement of almost 500 people. The auditorium is regularly used to conduct all seminars, symposium, cultural programs and many other co-curricular programs.
32. Student Accommodation: DIU has arrangement of residence for female students. The accommodation provided upon requirements of the female students. DIU ensures comfortable stay, well environment and security in the resident.
33. News Letter: DIU publishes News Letter in every semester on a regular basis. The souvenir & News letters expose all updated events. http://newsletter-archive.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/
34. Career Development Center (CDC): CDC is performing a pivotal role to ensure job and internship placement for the students of Daffodil International University. CDC is also responsible for arranging workshop, training programs, seminar, symposium, job fair in intra-university and inter-university level on regular basis for the professional development of students. http://cdc.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/
35. Research Center: To inspire and to involve the faculty members and students in research activities, DIU has setup three (03) separate research centers under each faculty, namely (i) Bureau of Business and Economics Research, (ii) Research Center for Science & Information Technology, and (iii) Research Center for Humanities & Social sciences. http://research.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/
36. HRDI: DIU has a central Human Resources Development Institute (HRDI) which conducts developmental activities for the faculty members and other researchers. http://hrdinstitute.org/
37. Publications: In DIU, the Faculty of Business & Economics and the Faculty of Science & Information Technology publish two separate biannual research-based journals. These journals contain highly scholarly research conducted by the renowned researchers and scholars of home and abroad. The faculty of Humanities and Social Science is going to publish a journal very soon.
39. Online Teachers Evaluation: In DIU, all the students evaluate their course teachers from anywhere from online. It is a compulsory process. Online evaluation ensures transparency of the evaluation. Teachers feel accountability to enhance their status so that they can get good marking from the students’ part. Ultimately, this process increases quality education. http://erp.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
40. Forum, Blog: Forum http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd & Blog http://blog.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/ are two exquisite footings of DIU for sharing ideas, information & knowledge between teachers & students.
41. DIU has initiated another effective communication tools between teachers & students regarding Academic interaction named
Google Classroom . https://classroom.google.com
42. Campus Radio: DIU has introduced an Internet Campus Radio http://www.campusradio.ac/of its own to increase interaction and activities among its students and teachers. Educative programs are being relayed regularly.
43. Campus TV: The university has introduced Campus TV http://campustv.ac/ to increase interaction and activities among its students and teachers.
44. e-Library: DIU has introduced E-library for its students. Any DIU student is able to be registered in e-library. All registered students may get international reference books as well as local books through internet.
45. Online Notice Board: As a Digital University, DIU publishes all notices and announcements on Online Notice Board. As a result, all DIU students can get notices and announcements from any corner of the world and remain up to date.
46. DIU Medical Center: DIU established a Medical Center in the Campus for the health care of DIU students. DIU students are able to get free treatment from DIU Medical Center. DIU believes “good health is the foundation of progress.”
47. Events: DIU arranges business festivals, education fair, project fair, programming competition, film festival, business talk show, debate competition, photo exhibition etc on a regular basis in & outside campus. Purpose of it is to make the students best fit in job market through practical knowledge & familiar with various education systems & program to give them an idea about higher education like M.Phil. or, PhD or, study in abroad.
48. Fresher’s Welcome: DIU receives its future Leaders and Scholars with a warm and fresh welcome through Orientation program. DIU treats all students as its asset and from the first day at campus DIU ensures all their necessary things.
49. Guardian Communication: For the betterment of the students, DIU communicates with the Guardians and informs them about their students, if needed.
50. Special counseling for weaker students: If it is identified that few students are not getting marks up to satisfactory level, DIU faculty members support them, especially to improve their performance.
51. Religious Events: DIU observes all religious programs and arranges various religious events (iftar party, Miladunnabi, Sarwaswati puja, X-mass, for example) in the campus. It develops a brotherhood among the students and teachers in the campus and outside the campus as well.
52. Digital Class Rooms: As the first digital university in Bangladesh, DIU introduced digital class rooms for making the students familiar with modern technologies.
53. One stop services: To solve the problems of students and to make a friendly educational environment in campus DIU started one stop services. Where every student can get the solution of multiple problems from one booth.
54. Hostel Facility: DIU provides hostel facilities to its students with home environment. DIU ensures clean, spacious, safe and healthy environment for the students in the hostel.
55. Gymnasium: DIU has established a large gymnasium in the campus. The gymnasium is furnished with modern equipment. Students can take exercise here for their good health