Intra-University Chess Tournament held at DIU 16-17 February,2018
Guidelines and Rules Intra-University Chess Tournament 2018
- The tournament will be held in league System in five rounds. The participants will be randomly paired with special software. The black and white sides will also be determined in this way.
- The participants will have to come to Banquet Hall, Level-9, Daffodil Tower, 4/2 Sobhanbag, Dhanmondi, Dhaka on 16 February 2018 at 8:30 AM.
- The participants in pair will take their designated seats (numbered) and start playing at the announced time.
- Each game is expected to be limited in one hour; each side will get half an hour time which will be facilitated by the club executives.
- As soon as the game is over, the result must be informed to the Arbiter and Assistant Arbiters (Executive Committee Members of the Club).
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Arbiter will be final.
- If any player is absent, the opponent will get walkover and will be declared winner.
- On 17 February 2018, DIU buses will start from opposite to Daffodil Tower at 8:30 AM to carry the participants to Ashulia campus. The return buses will leave Ashulia at 3:00 PM for Dhanmondi.
- The participants will be provided lunch at Ashulia. They will be given lunch tokens.
- The champion, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up will be given crests, cash prize and certificates. The 4th to 10th position holders will get the certificate of satisfactory performance.
- Those who have registered for the tournament will automatically be the members of Chess Club of DIU (CCDIU). They have to pay Tk. 50/- each as membership fee. For participation in the tournament, no other fees will be charged. The membership fee may be paid on the day of the tournament to the club executives.