NOTICE on Rules and regulations of laboratory
Students are advised to obey the rules and regulations of DIU Laboratories as stated below:
Rules and regulations of laboratory:
- Students will not be allowed in laboratory without ID card with DIU ribbon & Apron.
- Unnecessary and loud conversation must be avoided with others during laboratory classes
- Proper usage of the instruments and equipment must be learnt
- In case of damage/broken down of any instruments by a student, he/she must be identified & will be penalized
- Equipment must be taken care off for long time use
- Equipment must be cleaned after usage and must be kept in proper places specific for them
- Special attention must be paid to sink, floor, shelves and reagent area.
- Insoluble solids, ointments or oils must not be thrown/kept in the sink.
- All reagent bottles/equipment and books must be returned to the Technical Officer of Lab
- Without permission, of course teacher/ Technical Officer, students are not allowed to work in lab
- Never open or remove cover of the equipment in the laboratories without authorization from teacher/laboratory technician.
- Do not displace or remove laboratory equipment without permission and authorization of the teacher/laboratory technician
- Use Apron, Gloves and Masks must be used in the laboratories (where applicable)
- Must be careful about outfit while using fire in the lab
- Must be careful while using gas and other chemicals in the laboratories (where applicable)
- Exhaust Fan must be turned on in laboratories
- Drinking or eating something is totally forbidden in the laboratories
- Must be cautious while using electric power lines in the lab
- Tools having non-conductive cover must be used for electrical works
- Ornaments and jewelries, including rings, must be put off because these may come in contact with expose circuits.
- Shoes shell be worn that provide full coverage of the feet and appropriate personal cloth shell be worn in the laboratories.
- Keep the body or any part of it, out of the circuit. Where interconnecting wires and cables are involved, they should be arranged so people will not trip over them
- Switch off the supply if you make change to the experiment even when the voltage is low.
- After the lab session, switch off every supply, disconnect and disintegrate the experiments.
- Always check to see that the power switch is OFF before plugging into the outlet. Also, turn instrument or equipment OFF before unplugging from the outlet.
- When unplugging power cord, pull on the plug, not on the cable
- When disassembling circuit, first remove the source of power.
- Learn and know what to do in any emergency. Be familiar with the locations and operation of safety and emergency equipment such as emergency power OFF in the lab.
- Report any broken plug/exposed wires/damages to equipment’s to the teacher/laboratory technicians immediately.