Admission,Tuition & Registration related FAQ

Q. what is the deadlines for applying at DIU ?
Q. What are the tuition fees of Daffodil International University for study
Q. How can I Change/ Add/Drop course after the registration?

After the registration, you may be able to Change/Add/Drop any course within 7 days after the last date of the registration. Contact your batch coordinator.

Q. How can I complete my course registration in the semester? (For existing students)

  1. Collect your account clearance by paying the registration fees in the Accounts Section.
  2. Submit it (keep a photocopy) to the batch coordinator in your department. He/she will complete your course registration as per the rule.
  3. After the completion, you have to check the student portal to confirm the completion of course registration.

Q. How do I complete course registration in the semester? (For new Students)

  1. Collect your account clearance by paying the registration fees/Admission fees in the Accounts Section.
  2. Submit the filled up StudentInsurance Form (given during the admission) and the account clearanceto the Coordination Officer of the Department Office.
  3. When the registration is done by the department Office, you have to check the student portal to confirm your registration.


Q. What can I do to drop the semester? (before registration)

In case of specific reason, if you could not pay your registration fees and did not complete the registration, then you must drop the semester in the student portal.

Q. What can I do to drop my semester? (after registration)

  1. Write an application (describing specific reason) to the Dean through Head of the Department within 2 weeks of the last date of registration.
  2. If Head and Dean approve, then you need to submit the copy of the approval to the Registrar Office for final approval.
  3. One week later you need to check the student portal and/or contact the department office to confirm the semester drop.

Q. I am a student of previous syllabus. Shall I do my registration with previous course code or I will register with new course code?

Student of previous syllabus can do registration with previous syllabus with an application to the Head of the department.

Q. What can I do for registration when the registration date is over?

Please follow the instructions given in the notice board and contact to the department office for further help.

Q. I have already dropped three or more semesters (without informing). Now I want to continue my study.

Please follow the instructions of re-admission given in the notice board and contact to the department office.

Q. How to take extra courses in a semester?

Students may apply to the Dean through Head of the departmentdescribing the name and credits of courses to be taken.

Q. How I can extend registration duration for more than six years?

Submit an application (describing the reason) to the Registrar through Head and Dean. A draft transcript need to be attached with the application.

Q. How can I resolve result block?

  1. Clear your previous dues
  2. Contact with Registrar Office/Exam Office for resolving of blocked result.

Q. What is the process of doing dual-major?

  1. If youwant to do dual-major you need to write an application to the Head of the Department.
  2. The co-ordination officer will provide guidelines for the student which s/he will have to follow.
  3. In order to do dual-major a student needs to complete 1 elective course, 7 courses from the first major and 5 courses from the second major.

Exam related FAQ

Q. What is the fees of improvement exam?

The student has to pay 40% of the course fees to attend the mid-term improvement exam and 60% of the course fees for the finalexam improvement.

Q. How can I get my admit card for Mid Term and Final Exams?

Pay your instalment (fees) and collect your exam clearance/admit card showing the money receipt from the Accounts Section. You need to preserve the exam clearance/admit card for sitting the exam.

Q. How can I sit in the improvement exam?

  1. Collect the Form of improvement exam from the department office and fill up the Form.
  2. Pay required fees for improvement exam in the accounts section and get the clearance.
  3. Then you submit the form to the department office. The department office will send the form to the relevant teacher.

Q. How can I select a Supervisor for internship?

Contact your Head of the Department who will assign your supervisor for internship & thesis.

Q. How can I get my semester results from website?

Browse DIU website to find the option of ‘Virtual University’. Click &enter your ID in the Academic Result box.When you press enter, your results will be displayed.

Q. How can I get the cumulative results (CGPA) of all the courses that I have completed?

  1. To collect draft transcript only before completion of all courses, you need to pay Tk.50/- to Accounts Section.
  2. Go to the exam section and fill out the application form for draft transcript.
  3. Collect your transcript when it is ready.

Q. I have two exams in same time slot. Can I attend the improvement of the missed exam without fee?

You can attend the improvement exam without fee in case of overlapping of exams.

Q. Do I have to attend a minimum number of classes to attend the examinations?

Minimum of 60% of the classes you must attend.

Q. What is the minimum CGPA to get the certificate?

The minimum CGPA is 2.50 to get your degree certificate.

Q. Is there any eligibility to attend the final Improvement Exam?

Students those who got “Grade B” or less may apply for improvement

Transcript/certificate/concern letter, etc. related FAQ

Q. How I can take concern letter/ testimonial for job purpose?
Q. How I get Internship letter?
Q. When I will be allowed for provisional certificate?
Q. How can I withdraw academic transcripts/ certificate?
Q. How can I get a recommendation letter?
Q. How I will get a concern letter.

Miscellaneous related FAQ

Q. How can I get my email password? (For new students)
Q. How can I solve the Email password problem?
Q. I cannot login in the student portal. How can I get access to the student portal?
Q. How can I get my class routine of the semester?
Q. I have lost my ID card. What can I do now?
Q. Where can I get my scholarship/waiver information?
Q. When is the payment date?
Q. How much do we need to pay in second (before mid-term) and third (before final) installment?
Q. How may I reserve class room for extra class?
Q. How may I get scholarship from foreign university?
Q. How can I change Department/Program?
Q. How can I solve the Email password problem?
Q. How to solve Multimedia/ IT related Problem?
Q. How can I change the Campus?
Q. What are the requirements to get Laptop from university?
Q. How I can transfer credit with a foreign university?
Q. How I can join in International Summer Programs?
Q. How can I find the contact numbers of a teacher/officer?
Q. What is the process of teaching evaluation?
Q. How to check payment ledger from student portal?
Q. Can I meet with my course teacher other than class period?
Q. Where can I find information about insurance?
Q. How can I login the google classroom?