Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics (ISSN 1818-6238-PRINT)
Board of Advisers
• Professor Yusuf M.Islam , PhD, Vice-Chancellor, Daffodil International University
• Professor Aminul Islam ,PhD Emeritus Professor, Daffodil International University
• Professor M. Lutfar Rahman, PhD Emeritus Professor, Daffodil International University
• Professor Vittal Anantatmula, PhD, Professor and Program Director, School of Economics, Management, & Project Management ,
College of Business - Western Carolina University, USA
• Professor Dr. Anisul M. Islam, College of Business, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
• Professor Stephen Bell, Ph.D., J.D., Park University, School of Business and Management ,USA
• Dr. Shozo Hibino, Former Professor ,Chuyko University, Japan
• Dr. Victoria Wise, Former Professor and Head , School of Business ,Tasmania University, Australia
• Dr Sheeja Sivaprasad, Principal Lecturer , University of Westminster, London,UK
• Professor Serajul Islam, PhD,Department of Management Studies, University of Dhaka
• Dr. Vichayanan Rattanawiboonsom, Faculty of Business, Economics and Communications, Naresuan University, Thailand
• Prof. James Gomez, PhD,Associate Dean (International Affairs),School of Communication Arts, Bangkok University, Thailand
• Professor Manoj Joshi,PhD, Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Amity Business School, Amity University, Lucknow Campus, India
• Dr. Chu V. Nguyen, Associate Professor of Economics and Finance and Chairman, FACIS Department, College of Business, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
• Dr. Geungu Yu, Associate Professor Finance, Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
• Alexandru Nedelea, Associate Professor Ph.D. in Marketing, Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava, Romania
• Dr .Marie-Aimée Tourres , Academic Director for South East Asia for the part-time MBA program, Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde , Malaysia Campus.
• Anita Medhekar, Senior Lecturer in Economics, Central Queensland University, Australia.
• Professor Bholanath Dutta, PhD, Founder & President, MTC Global: An Apex Global Advisory Body, India.
Members of the Editorial Board
Please contact, for any query related to the Journal: Professor Dr. Muhammad Mahboob Ali,PhD, Editor,
Faculty of Business and Economics, Daffodil International University.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 8801911394704
Ethics and Code of Conducts for Authorship
Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics (DIUJBE) is a peer-reviewed half-yearly research journal published by the Faculty of Business and Economics of the Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The aim of the journal is to publish original, high quality and unpublished research papers, or peer-reviewed versions of papers presented at conferences in the field of Business and Economics. DIUJBE code of ethics describes policies guaranteeing the ethical treatment of author(s) and content of the papers.
Publication includes author’s original research work which contributes to new knowledge within the scope of the journal. Research results will benefit societies, communities, economies, countries and the world at large irrespective of caste, creed, sex, religion, etc.
Every article will be reviewed by two outstanding scholars in the specific field. Unanimous opinion on the quality and suitability of the article by both the reviewers is the only criterion for publication. However, if any modifications and corrections are suggested by the reviewer, the author will be asked to make necessary amendments. If there is difference of opinion of the two reviewers on the suitability of the manuscript, the article will be referred to another reviewer. The opinion of the third reviewer will be considered final in this regard. The whole review process including adjudicating the validity of the data will be kept strictly confidential.
The author/authors must ensure the accuracy, appropriateness, ownership of data and research results. In conducting the research, the person/persons making significant contribution, may be included in the authors’ list. Status such as first author, second author, etc. will depend on the portion/share of the contribution. Number of co-authors will be limited to a maximum of 3.
Plagiarism, the most common offense under the Academic Code of Conduct, includes copied data/information, falsification, fabrication or omission of significant results will not be accepted by the Editorial Board for publication in the Journal of Business and Economics.
The journal and the individual contributions in it are protected by the Copyright of Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics.
Call for the papers
Vol. 10, No. 1, for June 2016 issue of a double blind peer reviewed international refereed journal
Published by Faculty of Business and Economics, Daffodil International University
(www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd), Dhaka, Bangladesh
You would be pleased to know that Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics (DIUJBE), ISSN 1818-6238-PRINT, Vol. 10, No. 1, for June 2016 issue is going to be published very shortly. DIUJBE is a multidisciplinary academic journal aimed at the faculty members, research students, managers, and research and policy-making community from Bangladesh and overseas. We welcome academic writings that would enhance our understanding of the world of business, recognizing that the business world is an interactive arena for different disciplines. DIUJBE is committed to publish high quality original works from academicians, business specialists and economists; and solicits original high quality paper(s) from them. We invite papers on broad areas of Business, Economics, Marketing, Management, Finance, Banking, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Entrepreneurship, Statistics, and Real Estate etc. We also invite case studies and book reviews, notes/comments on relevant field. DIUJBE publishes papers on world business and economics issues which are of interest to local and international policy makers.
Please send the article (Soft Copy) to the following email: email@example.com
Last Date of submission of article: 20 April, 2016
Note to the Contributors
Guideline for authors
The paper must be based on original research, not published or submitted in whole or in part elsewhere, and should demonstrate the author’s own analysis. No part of the article should be a reproduction or downloaded material from the Internet.
All papers will undergo a peer review process and Editorial Board will handle all submissions according to generally accepted standards’. Our honorable reviewers are selected from different universities and institutions’ of Bangladesh and abroad according based on their excellence in their respective research fields.
The copyright of the paper will be reserved by the Faculty of Business and Economics, DIU once it is accepted for publication in the Journal.
All parts of the manuscript should be typewriting in 12 – font of Time New Roman, 1.5 – space with margins of at least one inch on all sides. Please number manuscript pages consecutively throughout the paper. All articles have all of their references in Roman alphabet.
Maximum length of the paper is 7,500 words including abstract, footnotes, acknowledgement and references.
Keywords must appear. Keywords spelled out in all caps followed by period, first word capitalized. (e.g. KEYWORDS. Service quality, dimensions, attitude, competence, convenience)
JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) Classifications code ought to be mentioned.
Tables and Figures: At the initial stage, put all Tables and Figures within the text of the article. However, after the acceptance of the paper, Tables and figures (illustrations) should not be embedded in the text, but should be included as separate sheets or files. A short descriptive title should appear above each table or Figure with a clear legend and any footnotes suitable identified below.
Reference: Cite in the text by the author and date (Smith, 1983) Prepare reference list in accordance with the APA Publication Manual, 6th Ed. All articles have all of their references in Roman alphabet.
Journal: Olssen , Mark and Peters,Michael A.(2005). ‘‘Neoliberalism, higher education and the knowledge economy: from the free market to knowledge capitalism’’, Journal of Education Policy , Volume 20, Issue 3,pp. 313-345.
Book : Acemoglu, Daron(2008). Introduction to Modern Economic Growth, Princeton University Press,USA,pp.25-47
Book Chapter: Berry, W. (2005). War does not maintain peace or promote freedom. In L. I. Gerdes (Ed.),War: Opposing viewpoints,Detroit, MI: Greenhaven Press, pp. 71-79.
Working Paper:2008). Strategic motivations for Sino-Western alliance’s : A comparative analysis of Chinese and Western alliance formation drivers. Working Paper No. 2008-30, United Nations University., & (
Appendix: Optional, set after reference as number 1 section head. More than 1 appendix should be lettered. (Appendix A, Appendix B)
Submitting the paper
Please submit the manuscript only in the MS Word format. Submit two copies of the paper; one with name of all authors along with affiliation, email address, contact phone numbers and postal address listed at the top of the submission letter and another copy by deleting the names and contact details of the authors for blind review purposes. Upon the final decision for publication, authors will be advised to submit the paper in the final word format.
Interested authors can submit their paper online at firstname.lastname@example.org/ or by post to Professor Muhammad Mahboob Ali, PhD, Editor, Daffodil International University of Business and Economics, Daffodil International University, 4/2 Sobhanbag ( Daffodil Tower), Dhaka – 1207, Bangladesh.