Two large and beautifully decorated auditoria with all the facilities of modern audio-visual equipment have been constructed in Daffodil Tower, 4/2, Sobhanbagh, Dhanmondi, Dhaka, with seating arrangements for almost 500 people. The auditoria are used to host different seminars, symposia, cultural programs, workshops, festivals, exhibitions, educational movie shows and so on.
Rules relating to the use of DIU Auditoria are as follows:
I. General Rules:
- Any use of DIU Auditoria is subject to the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
- Prospective users of DIU Auditoria should apply using the prescribed form addressing the Registrar.
- Preferences, in awarding permission, will be given to:
- Users whom the authorities feel will contribute to the benefit of the University.
- Users who are members of the University.
- External people/organizations may be allowed to use the DIU Auditorium on a payment basis.
- Internal users must submit applications to the Office of the Registrar at least 72 hours (3 days) before, while external users must go through the same process at least 7 days before.
- During a function if any damage is caused by the user in the auditoria or on the premises, the user or his/her representative along with the relevant authority of DIU will mutually determine the financial loss due to damage and the same amount will be paid by the user in cash on the day of the event.
- No banners will be allowed within or outside the auditoria.
- The bill for excess consumption of electricity beyond the existing electrical installation will have to be borne by the user.
- No nails attaching posters, cuttings, or paintings, will be allowed anywhere in the University.
- Shows by bands or similar musical functions will not be allowed in the auditoria.
- The use of the auditoria is prohibited for any type of political activity or anti-social activity.
- Management reserves the right to cancel an event without showing any reason whatsoever.
II. Cancellation Charges:
|Within 4 days of the date of the event:
Within 2 days of the date of the event:
Within 1 day of the date of the event:
25% of the total venue rate
50% of the total venue rate
75% of the total venue rate
Parties must pay the full charge for the auditorium if they want to cancel the program on the day of the event.
The management of DIU will enjoy full authority to manage and maintain DIU Auditorium. Management can delegate this authority to any personnel of DIU for management and maintenance of specific programs. However, for assistance and support at programs in the auditoria, an officer will be assigned as Assistance and Support (In Charge). One member of staff will be assigned to work under his supervision.