Apply for Admission
Bangladesh is very rich in its culture and heritage; it has beautiful landscape with exquisite natural beauty, fresh air, sea beaches, hill tracks and lots more to explore.
DIU is located in the heart of the city of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. Daffodil International University provides an excellent environment for academic research as well as mental recreation. DIU always welcomes students from all around the globe.
International students meeting equivalent admission qualification are eligible for admission as regular students or as special students for a part of the duration and may acquire transfer credits. Admission is also open to any person who wishes to pursue courses or a course as a non-degree student to improve their knowledge or acquire new skills. Students are also admitted for specific certificate- or diploma courses (www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd).
For admission international students/ applicants are advised to read the following carefully:
There are three semesters each academic year. The duration of each semester is 4 months.
- January to April
- May to August
- September to December
- First of all, a student has to go through the courses that DIU offers according to the tuition fees of the respective course, then choose one among them for study.
- S/he has to submit all required papers as stated below (b).
- If a student is eligible for admission after evaluation by the concerned committee as per University Admission Rules, an Admission Letter will be issued stating his/her name and Passport Number. (If required by the embassy, other information may also be provided.)
- The student on arrival should immediately report to the University Admission section and complete all the required official formalities of enrollment. All payments will be made in cash (in BDT*).
* BDT – Bangladeshi Taka
- Admission Form: International students may download/ collect the soft copy of the admission form available on the admission page (admission form). In such cases, $10 will be charged in addition to the admission fees while enrolling.
- Required Papers: Student will have to submit/ send his/her previous certificates, transcripts, a copy of a valid passport (the page containing the applicant’s details) and equivalence certificates (that certify his/ her degree is accepted globally) by post or e-mail.
- Solvency Certificate: International Students are required to submit a bank solvency certificate to demonstrate his/ her capability to complete the degree from Daffodil International University, Bangladesh.
- Health Fitness: A student must submit a recent health fitness report to show his/her physical fitness.
- Closing Date of Admission: Application closing date is available on the DIU website. International students are requested to contact DIU at least 2 months prior to the closing date of a semester.
- Hostel Facilities: At present hostel/accommodation facilities for female students are available at Daffodil International University. The monthly cost would be around $70.
Though hostel/accommodation facilities for male students are not available yet, residence facilities are available on a rental basis. The cost would vary from US$70 to US$120 per month depending on the location, number of students staying in a room and quality of the flat.
- International students are advised to communicate with the Director of Students affairs/Proctor and their respective Embassy/High Commission in case of emergency.
- The University will not be responsible for arranging visas for any foreign students, but will provide information to the embassy (if required).
- Please be informed that the inclusion of any false information or submission of fake academic documents would constitute grounds for dismissal from the University.